Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spree Penalty

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spree Penalty

How many new accounts do you have currently in say the last 12/24 months and do you recall at what point that negative reason statement appeared relative to those accounts?

Message 11 of 91
tcbofade
Super Contributor

0/12, 5/24.

No idea when that reason showed up.  

As mentioned, there is about to be a stack of new accounts reporting...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 12 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

0/12, 5/24.

No idea when that reason showed up.  

As mentioned, there is about to be a stack of new accounts reporting...

@tcbofade how many new accounts do you have in the last 17 months? And how many new revolvers?

Maybe @Thomas_Thumb would be kind enough to enlighten us more on buffers?

Message 13 of 91
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

None of my new accounts have shown up on my CRAs yet...   and I already have it.  Smiley Indifferent

EX202092021.png

I didn't mean to stalk you, but I think I recall that your tally of new accounts this month includes a mortgage refi, a personal loan and three cards. And you had no new accounts of any kind for at least a year before that, right? None of the new accounts appear on EX yet, but you are already being penalized for the spree? That's... perplexing. Maybe this is one of those CRA front end lag situations where things are just off by a day or two.

Or, as Birdman and BBS's questions hint, maybe this reason is still haunting you from a spree more than a year ago. Such a lengthy intreperation of the word "new" would be surprising, but less problematic than time-travel.

Message 14 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

None of my new accounts have shown up on my CRAs yet...   and I already have it.  Smiley Indifferent

EX202092021.png

I didn't mean to stalk you, but I think I recall that your tally of new accounts this month includes a mortgage refi, a personal loan and three cards. And you had no new accounts of any kind for at least a year before that, right? None of the new accounts appear on EX yet, but you are already being penalized for the spree? That's... perplexing. Maybe this is one of those CRA front end lag situations where things are just off by a day or two.

Or, as Birdman and BBS's questions hint, maybe this reason is still haunting you from a spree more than a year ago. Such a lengthy intreperation of the word "new" would be surprising, but less problematic than time-travel.

@Curious_George2 The threshold for new account segmentation on the mortgage Scores is more than the 12 months it is with 8/9. I have a data point of 17 months for EX2. I am currently letting time go by waiting for the code to drop myself.

The additional complication is we have not conclusively determined whether or not the mortgage Scores segment only on revolvers or if all new accounts segment on the mortgage Scores. 

it appears that loans may cause new account segmentation on the mortgage Scores as well, but not sure. If we could get some more people to contribute data points hopefully we can learn.

Message 15 of 91
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

I see. That makes sense. Thanks!

Message 16 of 91
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And you’re right we don’t know whole lot about it. It’s very strange that you have reason codes in different orders. The order is significant we need to get to the bottom of that.

The plot has thickened. I can see multiple instances of reasons being displayed in different orders, depending on the path taken. It's currently happening to me on EX AU2, EX BC2 and TU AU4. I haven't ruled out others.

In the spirit of "pics or it didn't happen"...

Left: MF Reports. Center: MF Scores. Right: Experian. All: Reasons for my EX AU2 score today.Left: MF Reports. Center: MF Scores. Right: Experian. All: Reasons for my EX AU2 score today.

As you can see, myFICO orders my EX AU2 reasons differently under the Reports tab (left) than it does under the Scores tab (center). Experian's app (right) agrees with the MF Scores ordering. 

One innocuous explanation for the variable ordering is that there could be ties. If multiple factors cost the same number of points, their ordering could be done differently by different portions of the front-end code without violating the principle of sorting by decreasing magnitude.

Message 17 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And you’re right we don’t know whole lot about it. It’s very strange that you have reason codes in different orders. The order is significant we need to get to the bottom of that.

The plot has thickened. I can see multiple instances of reasons being displayed in different orders, depending on the path taken. It's currently happening to me on EX AU2, EX BC2 and TU AU4. I haven't ruled out others.

In the spirit of "pics or it didn't happen"...

Left: MF Reports. Center: MF Scores. Right: Experian. All: Reasons for my EX AU2 score today.Left: MF Reports. Center: MF Scores. Right: Experian. All: Reasons for my EX AU2 score today.

As you can see, myFICO orders my EX AU2 reasons differently under the Reports tab (left) than it does under the Scores tab (center). Experian's app (right) agrees with the MF Scores ordering. 

One innocuous explanation for the variable ordering is that there could be ties. If multiple factors cost the same number of points, their ordering could be done differently by different portions of the front-end code without violating the principle of sorting by decreasing magnitude.

@Curious_George2 sorry to ask, but is your 3B on the left from the same date as the alert in the center? 

Message 18 of 91
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Left and center are from the same date, Jan. 28. Maybe we use the term differently, but I wouldn't say the center one is from an alert. It is from the Scores tab, dated as of my monthly 3B update that day. I'm putting a screen snip below of the desktop view to show what I mean.

Technically, the one on the right, from Experian's app, is from today (I don't know how to change the date in their mobile app), but I checked and it's identical today to what it was on Jan. 28.

So, effectively, they are all from Jan. 28.

MC Scores snip.PNG

Message 19 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Left and center are from the same date, Jan. 28. Maybe we use the term differently, but I wouldn't say the center one is from an alert. It is from the Scores tab, dated as of my monthly 3B update that day. I'm putting a screen snip below of the desktop view to show what I mean.

Technically, the one on the right, from Experian's app, is from today (I don't know how to change the date in their mobile app), but I checked and it's identical today to what it was on Jan. 28.

So, effectively, they are all from Jan. 28.

MC Scores snip.PNG

@Curious_George2 no we don't use the terms differently, I just didn't know what I was talking about. Now I see what you're talking about. Lol. 

if they're from the same day bureau and Version, they should be in the same order. And it's important that they be in the correct order, since they are listed in order of precedence.

Maybe you should do a post in the technical help thread or call customer service because something doesn't add up there. 

Message 20 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.