Strange TU monitoring alert

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Strange TU monitoring alert

Got an alert the other day from Credit Sesame and CreditKarma

( no other services )

Details

A credit card account provider reports you notified THEM that your card is lost or stolen. This has no impact on your credit score

Next Steps
If you think this is a mistake, please contact the account provider listed.

Details
Account: SYNCB/NETWRK, n/a
Phone Number: n/a
Account Number:

Never heard of Syncb/netwrk before. I have no cards that report with that name.
Normally when a lost/stolen is reported to Synchrony, they close down the account and open a new TL.  This was not the case. No new accounts reporting and no accounts closed.

Called Synchrony Fraud department and after 10 minutes looking at my accounts, was able to isolate the account in question.  It was a closed HHGregg card. I closed it EXACTLY ONE YEAR to the date of the alert.  Computer hiccup

Did learn tho  that SYNCB/NETWRK is a global internal name associated with the Synchrony Financial cards. Gave me a little concern but Im glad all my accounts are fine
>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange TU monitoring alert

Quite odd that you'd receive such an alert exactly 1 year after the card was closed.  Can't say I've heard of that before!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.