Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange scores

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Strange scores

New GEMB/Dillards account posted to my CR. My TU score went up from 719 to 725 and EQ score remained at 692. I wonder why TU liked it and EQ did not care for it.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Strange scores

Besides the facts that each report is different and each bureau scores different, judging from the small increase you got on TU I'm guessing that the new card didn't improve your mix of credit much.
Message Edited by JoeBJay20 on 11-18-2009 10:49 AM
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Strange scores

Each CRA licenses its own, customized version of FICO scoring from Fair Isaac.  They emphasize different things, based on the perspective of the CRA to which they market their product.

So even with identical credit reports at each CRA, scores routinely can vary by as much as 30 points.

The EQ FICO algorithm probalby hit you harder for the new inq, or did not give as much weight to the new CL.

I think it probably was the new inquiry required to get the new account.  If that is the case, inquiries drop from any FICO scoring after 12 months.

But it may also have been a decrease in in your AAoA, scored differently under the FICO algorithm they use.

You will never know for sure, as any credit scoring algorithm is a tightly held trade secret.  All we can do is speculate.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 11-21-2009 04:33 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.