Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Experian

tag
roastbeans
New Contributor

Stupid Experian

I don't know,I dont care and I dont want to understand,but my fico experian score is about 50 pts less than other two myfic scores while they all have same credit reports,(actually the Experian has the least HPs since I always made sure the company I applied to get cards from use the transunion/equifax).So I am thinking I should freeze the experian? should I? I know the credit card companies checks my scores ocasionally and I dont want them to see the experian.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Stupid Experian

@roastbeans wrote:

I don't know,I dont care and I dont want to understand,but my fico experian score is about 50 pts less than other two myfic scores while they all have same credit reports,(actually the Experian has the least HPs since I always made sure the company I applied to get cards from use the transunion/equifax).So I am thinking I should freeze the experian? should I? I know the credit card companies checks my scores ocasionally and I dont want them to see the experian.

New creditors?  Current creditors?

Message 2 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Fico scores can be quite whacky. my Myfico experian is also about 60-70 points less than my myfico TU and EQ so i know your pain. I think experian must be counting something more heavily against you on your cr than the other two are ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 7
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The credit card companies use what ever bureau or bureau(s) they are set up to pull credit with. There is no way you can prevent the credit card company from pulling a bureau. The main thing you can do is make sure all that is reported on your credit report is accurate and the score will be whatever it will be. You can work on improvingyour score as well.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 7
choppa02
Contributor

Same situation here tu 658 eq 652 ex 574 **bleep**?! Each report has practically same tradelines
Message 5 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

EX always reported my HELOC as a CC. so it was much lower than the others due to being nearly maxed out

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightVoice wrote:

EX always reported my HELOC as a CC. so it was much lower than the others due to being nearly maxed out

There's a bunch of little idiosyncracies between the bureaus and the scores generated; however, a big one is the fact that EX here is the '08 version which for me tracks markedly higher than any of my other scores.  I'm not certain why as my EQ is unarguably my best report, but I *think* newer versions may count recent history more heavily in their calculation, and most of my sins are many years old now.

That is pure anecdotal conjecture in addition to the economic realities at the time that version was released; if correct that's actually a consumer-friendly shift by FICO, hadn't really thought of it like that.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.