Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU04 FICO

tag
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

TU04 FICO

Is there anyway to purchase a TU04 FICO? 

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU04 FICO

@snowangel wrote:

Not that I'm aware of.

But my wife says I'm not aware of much of anything so take then into consideration.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I know of.  I was so bummed to see a 660 here and a 648 from my lender using TU04 Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Mine was 30 points lower Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 11
GregB
Valued Contributor

How do either of you know that your lender used one of the TU 04 FICO scores? And if so do you know which one?

Message 5 of 11
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Actually, I don't.  But I applied for a student loan, so I doubt that they would have used an enhanced score.  At least I haven't read about enhanced scores for that purpose.

Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

Not that I'm aware of.

But my wife says I'm not aware of much of anything so take then into consideration.  Smiley Happy

lol -- gotta love an honest man!

myFICO is working with TU in hopes of getting them (TU) to start providing the 04 version here.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Booner72
Senior Contributor

It's a pickle to get a lender to tell you which score they pulled (bc they probably don't know), but I do know that when you get the denial letter it will say what scoring model is used and the credit score.  Hopefully you don't get denied - I'm basing this on DH's home depot denial letter, and also copies of the credit scores we got from the mortgage lender - but that letter only gave us the info from the MIDDLE score since that is the score they used.  For me it was the TU04 and the letter said that.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 11
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I was denied because I have a judgement. I have a judgement from '09 that is now paid that they cited as the reason for denial.  I can appeal within 60 days though.  I'm hoping to get it removed but I'm not sure how long the process takes.

I was shocked by the 30 point difference in the score they gave me and what I got on here.  The letter doesn't state the TU FICO model used.

Message 9 of 11
GregB
Valued Contributor

I'm just guessing that a school loan doesn't use any of the industry specific FICO scores.

I do think it is a heck of an assumption that any TU FICO score that does not match the TU FICO Classic 98 from myFICO is automatically TU FICO Classic 04. That might be a good guess on a mortgage. Does anyone know for sure? There is also a FICO 8 Score and for something completely new, FICO 8 has an industry specific score for a mortgage. Does any know for a fact if any mortgage lenders are using FICO 8?

If you are not dealing with a mortgage, we do have all the normal industry specific scores for Auto, Bankcard, etc. for each version of TU FICO 98, 04, and 8. So if somebody applies for a bank card and their TU FICO Score is lower than the one pulled here it could be TU FICO 98 BankCard. I don't think we can assume it is Classic 04. We would have several possiblilities.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.