cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is What Happens When A Charge Off is Deleted!

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

This is What Happens When A Charge Off is Deleted!

Sweet mother of sweet sweet baby Jesus, I am SOO excited and it's not even my account!! I've been helping my fiance with his credit, and he had decent credit, but he had a charge off from Synchrony (Care Credit). His reports said he stopped making payments back in 2016 and he had some 120 day lates on there. His scores have been around 690-700 ever since last year. I went to check his reports this morning and BAM!!! an 84 point increase!! Like, you guys have no idea how excited I was. I'm at work, but I wanted to start jumping up and down LOL. 

Apparently, that Synchrony account just poofed into thin air! No idea why, but hey, we are NOT complaining. He was making $15 payments twice a month to the collection agency that received the account in exchange for not reporting a "collection". I'm sure he'll have to keep making those payments, but it's only $30/month without interest, so no biggie there. 

He only has 3 inquiries (EX), 1 (TU), and 1(EQ), which are from over a year ago, so he basically has no scorable inquiries on any of his reports. He has 5 credit accounts open, AAoA is 7 years, 4 months and AoOA is 12 years 7 months, but has no open installment loans. Utilization is at 8% due to buying our Sleep Number bed (which is at 15% thanks to all the CLI's I got him), but all other cards are below 2%. He's going to be buying a car in the next couple of weeks, so this couldn't have happened at a better time. 

I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys because we all get excited about these kinds of things! I'm so stoked that my hard work has paid off for someone I love and he'll be well in the 800's in no time. Now, if I can just stop applying for crap, I'll get there as well. Smiley LOL

I went and looked at yesterdays report, and yup! This is the entry that was deleted: 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
8 REPLIES 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: This is What Happens When A Charge Off is Deleted!

Congrats to him, that's huge progress!

Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats, how exciting! 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's a killer increase. Congrats to him!

Message 4 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations to DF on his success!
Message 5 of 9
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Congrats, that last baddie is always a decent jump from what I've seen, but 80+ is outstanding for a charge off, perhaps its the lates more.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 6 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Queen_Etherea . Nice bump!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally awesome, great job!
Message 8 of 9
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

Congrats, that last baddie is always a decent jump from what I've seen, but 80+ is outstanding for a charge off, perhaps its the lates more.

Yeah I think it's definitely the 120 late being removed that did the trick. I was able to pull the other 2 and the account is still on his TU and EQ reports. Smiley Mad

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.