Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timing

When I pay an account how long does it take to be reflected in my score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Timing

First your account has to cut a new statement.  Then that statement needs to be posted by the CRA.

So it can be a few days to six weeks, sometimes (Amex) even longer
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MARCEL wrote:
When I pay an account how long does it take to be reflected in my score?

Hi, MARCEL, and welcome to the FICO Forums!

When you pay an account, you will have to wait for the creditor to report to the CRAs, which most do on a monthly basis.  How long you have to wait for that to happen where depend on where you are in the monthly billing cycle when you make the payment, but expect it to be anywhere up to 30 days.

Then, after the creditor reports, the CRA needs some time to update your report with the information.  That can (theoretically) take an additional 60-90 days, but in practice it's usually more like 7-10 days, depending on the CRA.

Creditors almost always report to all three CRAs at the same time (or within a day or two), but each CRA updates on their own schedule.

Once the CRA has updated your report with the new information, it will reflect in your FICO score immediately (or at least as soon as your report is pulled and a score is requested).
Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Just had an instance with a new account that reported twice in one month. There was a huge delay (75 days) before reporting for the first time, but then it reported twice in less than 10 days (in an attempt to get up to date). Sucked--lost 28 points in no time flat.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.