Monthly Payment
$0
Original Balance
$77
Highest Balance
$0
Terms
6 Months

This is my only negative on my Experien report if I pay it will my score increase or should I just ignore it ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To pay a old charge off ?

It looks like it is a small amount that you could easily handle.  If so, you should learn all you can about negotiating a Pay For Delete agreement.  It might take many months of you reaching out to different reps with the company before you get someone willing to do a PFD, but persistence often pays off.  The folks in the Rebuilding forum could advise you further.

Paying the CO without getting it removed is rarely the right move, unless you are about to buy a house or something like that.

You will also need to reflect on whether you are ok with just letting it fall off at the 7 year mark, which will certainly work.

Message 2 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Unless they suddenly starting reporting each month (status updated to reflect 2019), I'd personally would let sleeping dogs lie and let it age off.

The best is if you can a pay for delete, if they do not, it's possible you poked the sleeping bear to start updating. If you pay if off, it will update to 0 balance, but now your new date ticking to age off will reflect March/April 2019, 5 years newer, and more years till it does age off.

Here is a thread from a couple years back about Web/Fingerhut 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Problems-with-Fingerhut-Webbank/td-p/4453265

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Account Name
WEBBANK/FINGERHUT FRESHS
Account Number
636992XXXXXXXXXX
Account Type
Sales Contract
Responsibility
Individual
Date Opened
07/11/2013
Status
Closed. $117 written off.
Status Updated
08/02/2014
Balance
-
Balance Updated
-
Recent Payment
-
Monthly Payment
$0
Original Balance
$77
Highest Balance
$0
Terms
6 Months

This is my only negative on my Experien report if I pay it will my score increase or should I just ignore it ?

I would pay it. Try to negotiate a pay-for-delete, but if you can't get that, then pay it anyway and start sending verification letters to the credit bureaus until it falls off.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that but I don’t wanna wake it up so will they start updating it in cases they don’t agree for a pay for deleting
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.