Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two 90 day late payments coming off in June '21

tag
Bogey1975
Contributor

Two 90 day late payments coming off in June '21

I have two 90 day late payments coming off in June of '21 on two student loans. I've always believed they should of only been one 90 day late since the loans were combined, but thats another story. Once these come off Should I expect a bump or have they already pretty much aged out?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two 90 day late payments coming off in June '21

Not enough information to say.  The biggest question is whether or not you have other negative items present on your CR outside of these 90D late payments.  If yes, depending on the severity and age of other negative item(s) you may see a small score gain or perhaps no score gain at all.  If the answer is no and these are in fact your only negative items, removing them would take you from a dirty file to a clean one.  Removal of a lone aged major is often good for around 55-70 points depending on profile.

So short answer based on more information from you, the score gain could range from 0 points to 70 points, IMO.

Message 2 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

90+ day deliquency are a major derogatory. Depending on your profile, it may impact it for the whole 7 years. I would anticipate a score improvement with it's removal.

I would recommend reading the below from Birdman7
General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

I would anticipate a score improvement with it's removal.

In order to make that prediction, you'd need to know what the rest of OPs profile looks like.  If he has another major delinquency present from (say) 3-4 years ago, the expectation would likely be zero score improvement if the older ones of equal severity went away.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

90+ day deliquency are a major derogatory. Depending on your profile, it may impact it for the whole 7 years. I would anticipate a score improvement with it's removal.

I would recommend reading the below from Birdman7
General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

I had 55 lates from 6 accts ranging from 60d-180d lates drop all at once off EX (since they drop strings) and got +0 pts! Note: these were not COs.

Granted I still had 4 CAs, defaulted SLs, and over 180 lates remaining, but I thought I would have gotten *something* for 55 lates aging off!

It really is profile dependent, so we would need more info.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly my point above.  Rapidly dimishing returns exist when you're talking the removal of negative items with others present, especially if those remaining are of equal or greater severity and/or more recent.

Message 6 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I agree with both of you. I appreciate the added clarity for our readers. It was missing from my post.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.