cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED!!! My TU Fico just dropped 126 pts!!!! WHY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATED!!! My TU Fico just dropped 126 pts!!!! WHY?

So I got an alert that my TU score dropped 126 pts for a negative.   I pulled up my TU account, refreshed my Credit Report and my TU score went UP on their page.  No new information, no new collections, no closed accts,  nothing has changed.  Why did my FICO drop 126 pts?  I'm trying to buy a house and this just might have stopped me in my tracks...

As of Today 3/29/16, My scores has raised 126pts for no apparent reason.....   It's all a scm if you ask me

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My TU Fico just dropped 126 pts!!!! WHY?

I'm not sure but I would definitely like to know. The same thing just happened to my husband, his FICO was higher than mine, then all of a sudden - no changes, dropped back down to the low 500's Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got an alert that my TU score dropped 126 pts for a negative....   Why did my FICO drop 126 pts?

Did the alert not give any indication what the negative was? And you don't know what it could have been?

It's not surprising that the "educational" report and score that TU sells you isn't all that accurate. But it is a concern if something new hit your report that dropped your score that far, and you really don't have any idea what it was.

Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

The alert stated new account, collection or charge off.   I called TU and they insist they dont know what might have driven this change on MYFICO.   They stated it probably because use a differnt scoring model which I argued as nothing on my CR has changed.   

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something weird has been going on with TU for quite a while. Before I cancelled MyFico monitoring this is what my updates looked like. I'd get an alert, the score would plummet. I'd pony up for a new report, find nothing wrong and the score would be back where it belonged.

Message 5 of 36
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

I had the same thing just happened to me today my score on TransUnion dropped  for no apparent reason whatsoever and actually mine should be going up because my account balances are going down and I had some inquiries fall off. 

Message 6 of 36
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Something weird has been going on with TU for quite a while. Before I cancelled MyFico monitoring this is what my updates looked like. I'd get an alert, the score would plummet. I'd pony up for a new report, find nothing wrong and the score would be back where it belonged.

+1   Yes something weird is going on With TU. 

Message 7 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Get access to your base TU report.  If it's clean, proceed with confidence regarding the mortgage.  May want to check with Credit Karma too since they get into more tradeline details than MF does but end of the day there's no substitute from looking at the full report from the CRA directly.

If you don't mind spending $14 in the name of science (well bad science anyway) pull the 1B TU report from here and see what's what if it's on the monitoring service or on the full blown pull.

        
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just updated on Creditkarma today and my credit score went up by 44 points with no change in anything. LOL. Maybe a change in the model?

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, TU is being whack. For months and months, my TU was 710+. Today it randomly dropped 12 points. Not a huge drop, but there really hasn't been a change on my report that should have sparked this. I haven't had an inquiry on TU since September, no new accounts have reported on it yet (my new SPG is only a week old), no change in utilization (1%). It is obviously not a serious baddie like a collection or something, because otherwise my score would have dropped a lot more than 12 points. It just doesn't add up.

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.