Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh, Experian.

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

Ugh, Experian.

Well, yesterday I had at least an okay EX score of 654 FICO, and was waiting for another small bump upward when another late dropped off from 2015.

But had to go pick up prescription glasses and use my Amex card for payment. BUT, as soon as I went home,  I made a nearly full same day payment to that card for the price, and still have another smaller payment posting by Sunday.

SO, of course, EX, ever quick to update negative information and drag butt on positive stuff just dinged me for 6 points for the UTI increase, however brief it was.... Smiley Mad

Yeah I know...Not up to them, should just used bamkcatd instead of trying to get reward points, etc etc....know all that, just blowing off steam and want my EX score back up again...! 

Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ugh, Experian.

Your score only changes based on credit report information.  When speaking about your balances, only reported balances matter.  If your Amex balance increased from a purchase that day, that balance wouldn't be reported instantly and impact your score instantly.  I would say your score change came from something else.

What source are you using to track your report/score?

Also regarding your late(s).  You mention one of them coming off.  While that's a great thing, depending on the severity/age of the others you may see no scoring bump from a late payment falling off, so just keep that in mind.

Message 2 of 5
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

BBS, the last large transaction was literally that one for that day....as for when it was reported to my CR, the transaction and payment was Thursday, and the score drop came today about 11ish...or at least prior to the OP...LOL

I'm using the MyFico scorecard and get the updated report through the app as well as downloading the quarterly reports. Actually brought a updated copy of EX report 4 days before to get latest number, since they didnt update since end of November.

Like I said,  mad but not foaming at the mouth mad, just ticked because it's the 2 steps forward  1 back trying to get the dang score to climb, let alone the CL..Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@comebackkid15 wrote:

Well, yesterday I had at least an okay EX score of 654 FICO, and was waiting for another small bump upward when another late dropped off from 2015.

But had to go pick up prescription glasses and use my Amex card for payment. BUT, as soon as I went home,  I made a nearly full same day payment to that card for the price, and still have another smaller payment posting by Sunday.

SO, of course, EX, ever quick to update negative information and drag butt on positive stuff just dinged me for 6 points for the UTI increase, however brief it was.... Smiley Mad

Yeah I know...Not up to them, should just used bamkcatd instead of trying to get reward points, etc etc....know all that, just blowing off steam and want my EX score back up again...! 

Smiley Wink

I agree with @Anonymous that you're attributing the score dip to something that did not cause it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@comebackkid15 wrote:

BBS, the last large transaction was literally that one for that day....as for when it was reported to my CR, the transaction and payment was Thursday, and the score drop came today about 11ish...or at least prior to the OP...LOL

Let's look at it a different way.  What is the date of the credit report that you're looking at?  On that credit report, bring up your Amex account.  What was the date "last reported" on that account?  Finally, what was the date that you made the purchase you're speaking about on that Amex account?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.