Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un boosting Experian Boost

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Un boosting Experian Boost

It was not anything else because I removed and added it on the same day after the score was already initially published for the day. This was a few months ago. 

Same with my last 10 point increase a few days ago. The report and score are updated at midnight. Experian detected a potential boost sometime around 1pm. I confirmed it and added the boost. The score reflected right after the boost was added. I am 100% sure the boost was it. 

edit:

It could not be any clearer. My email notication said "Congratulations, your FICO Score is how higher because you increased it through Experian Boost."

I will add another data point, my FICO 8 scores with EQ and TU remained the same. If it were any other factors, those scores probably would have raised one of the other few times boost has helped (by adding) or decreased (by removing) my score. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can "self report" with boost! I added a credit card, and started paying bills with that. It found it, and boosted. They also say that they look for 6 months of payments in order to do another boost. 

I experienced the same thing... I was like, **bleep**? My mobile account wasn't showing up. Not sure if this helps, but, it worked for me when I self reported. 

Message 12 of 13
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

In May, when I started repairing, I went ahead and signed up for Experian Boost.  It "found" four utilities and added them to my report.  Without looking back at my notes for the exact number, I can confirm it immediately raised my scores at the time, on the order of 6-10 points.

This month, I have started "un boosting".  I have individually been removing the boosted accounts.  There has been not a single score change associated with the removal of these utility lines.  I removed 3 of 4 with no changes.  

I offer this as anecdotal evidence only.  If I had to give my opinion, I would say boost does very little for a healthy file especially a thick one, and also very little for a thick but dirty file which has been clean for 6 months.   It probably helps those whoe are "currently dirty", whioch is actually a bit of panacea and not worth their trouble.

I would also guess it helps the thin, clean files, until some point they outgrow the boost benefit.

YMMV.

I removed the fourth of my four boosted accounts.  ZERO score change for it as well as the prior three. 

FYI and YEMV.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.