Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpectedly Low EX Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unexpectedly Low EX Score

My FICO EX score is 720+, however when I received my Cap One welcome kit today, I realized the reason I was approved for the lowest possible credit limit is because their EX version of my score is <650; it doesn't say FICO, or list where the score came from beyond the word "Experian." Where did this number come from? Is this an internal score? My vantage scores and FICO scores are all 700+ across all three bureaus. I have no idea why this number from Cap One is so low. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unexpectedly Low EX Score

Good evening , The score you received from capital one is a different FICO scoring model. Potentially a FICO 2 score. There are many different FICO scoring models. Your scores can differentiate considerably between models. I hope this helps you understand why the score you got isn’t the score you’ve been seeing.

Message 2 of 3
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Unexpectedly Low EX Score

@Anonymous wrote:

My FICO EX score is 720+, however when I received my Cap One welcome kit today, I realized the reason I was approved for the lowest possible credit limit is because their EX version of my score is <650; it doesn't say FICO, or list where the score came from beyond the word "Experian." Where did this number come from? Is this an internal score? My vantage scores and FICO scores are all 700+ across all three bureaus. I have no idea why this number from Cap One is so low. 

The 720+ score is likely your FICO 8 score, however they probably pulled one of your Bankcard Scores, which would be Fico 2 for EX Bankcard. You can sign up for a free trial through creditchecktotal.com and see all of your Experian scores.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.