Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Score

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Updating Score

Hello - Freecreditscore.com score just went up 18 points, but no change here - it is bc I paid off a maxed out card.  I want this score - how often do they let you "refresh" your score/report around here?  I'm afraid to hit the "buy now" button bc I don't want to pay bc I don't know how much they charge to update the score/report on MYFICO.

I know Freecredit score is a FAKO, but 18 points is a bunch and I'd love to see what the real reports says.

I haven't gotten an "alert" and nothing has changed here.

Thanks

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Updating Score

What product do you use for myFICO? IIRC, freecreditscore is an EX product. Which of the three scores in that product increased?

Message 2 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

i only have the 10 day free trial here - I'm still undecided if I want to get it since I'm already doing the other one, though will prob cancel Freecreditscore since this is  accurate.  However, I can update there daily w/ no charge.  The score that increased was the Experien  "FAKO" --- I do know that I had a 636 on that experien, but when the loan officer ran my score it was only 613 - so I'm betting that it's off by 23 points (in my favor). 

If I can update my score/report here daily or whenever I want to, then I will sign up.  Do you know which "product" does that?

THANKS!

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ScoreWatch (SW) monitors EQ only but is great at monitoring your EQ FICO and certain changes to your report. Since you just subscribed, I HIGHLY recommend going into SW's setting and change your Target Score to EXACTLY match your current score. Each time your score changes, up or down, you'll get alerted to it. If you set it too high, you won't get a score alert until it surpasses that target. Conversely, if you set it too high and your score drops, you won't get alerted. Each time you get a score alert, ALWAYS change the target score right away to match the score. Also read over the SW Guide (found stickied in the myFICO Product Feedback board). SW unfortunately won't alert you to dropped balances, only increases. And it only monitors your score for changes every 7-10 days, though if a major event occured (e.g. an added baddie), then you'll get a score alert then too. But setting that Target Score is a pretty big deal.

If you need to pull a new report, and you used up your free report via SW, then the only other option is to order FICO® Standard. You can choose between TU and/or EQ. If you do pull a new EQ FICO report and if you still have SW, you would negate some alerts because you'd be alerted to the change with the new report.

What I find works best is to use SW for the SW and the 30% off all future EQ reports, and to subscribe to a credit monitoring service outside of myFICO that pulls all 3. You can choose a service that offers daily, monthly, quarterly, etc. As you see changes to your report (in rebuilding mode, changes can occur daily), you can then come back here and pull your EQ FICO to see that change.

I wouldn't rely on an EX FAKO to monitor your EQ FICO. Even if you had access to a service that offers an EX FICO (the only one is via a CU called PSECU), your scores can be radically different because there is different data on each report.

Message 4 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

GREAT ADVICE!  Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.