cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature Cards - How does the high balance factor into FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa Signature Cards - How does the high balance factor into FICO?

In the process of a refi (and trying to figure out why my FICO score is not where I expected), I have learned that my 3 highest balance credit cards are all Visa Signature cards that do not report credit limits, just the high balances.  My question is how is the high balance information factored into your FICO score?  Other then creating an inaccurate debt to credit ratio, how do Visa Signature cards hurt or help your credit? 

Thanks for the help.  I wish I looked into this earlier

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

Re: Visa Signature Cards - How does the high balance factor into FICO?

@Anonymous wrote:

In the process of a refi (and trying to figure out why my FICO score is not where I expected), I have learned that my 3 highest balance credit cards are all Visa Signature cards that do not report credit limits, just the high balances.  My question is how is the high balance information factored into your FICO score?  Other then creating an inaccurate debt to credit ratio, how do Visa Signature cards hurt or help your credit? 

Thanks for the help.  I wish I looked into this earlier 

There was a thread a while back on this:   Re: BofA Visa "upgrading" to Visa Signature - should I worry??? - Credit Cards

Lots of good information here, and I was successful in getting mine to report!  Smiley Wink

Good luck,

D-R

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.