cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT DOES DEBT TO CREDIT RATIO MEAN ANYBODY?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: WHAT DOES DEBT TO CREDIT RATIO MEAN ANYBODY?

I didn't realize your loan was for such a low figure. I think it's your choice as to whether to accelerate payments. Remember that once you pay it off, you don't have any open accounts on your report.

As for PenFed, they're a fantastic CU, but I do think that your history is too short and skimpy. They're pretty conservative (good, they won't lose my money!), and they like to see a clean, established track record. I'd try a local CU first.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Well i called PenFed and i spoke to a rep and i told her my sistuation, she said if my fico scores are above 600 i should be fine but i'm tryiin to figure out how high above 600, i havent ran my score since 4/11/08 and i'm going to run it again this friday just to see where i'm at, so when i get back ill give you guys my score and maybe yall can give me your opinion on if i might get a car loan approval right mow my scores are transunion = 563 equifax=596 an exp= 606 hopefully i should see a increase in score since my school loan is out of defualt and all my collections are cleaned up

Message 12 of 15
bsal
Frequent Contributor

By the way do any of you have any coupons on discounts so i wont have to pay the full price on running my credit report from all 3? thanks
Message 13 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The only codes that we can list are those issued by myFICO, but there are plenty from myFICO's business associates. As a courtesy to them, we don't publish them here. (They get Brownie points or something when you click on their links.)

Just Google fico discount coupon code, and you should find something for at least 15% off. You might have to try several, but you should be able to turn something up.

I don't know if you've already read Credit Scoring 101, but it's worth a read of the first main post. (The thread kinda kept growing, I'm afraid. ) When you say "cleaned up collections", do you mean that they are no longer on your reports, or that you have paid them off? Because paid collections don't help your scores, unfortunately, although they can help on lender review.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 15
bsal
Frequent Contributor

naw when i say clean up i mean they are not showing on my report they all droped off so do u think i might get a slight increase in score by them dropping off it was to medical accounts and one cap1 charge off, and if so how much of a increase bump just a estimate?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.