Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH

tag
intookst
New Contributor

WTH

So I read on here about getting a paid judgement removed off my report. I disputed it and it's gone..yea or so I thought! I had a car financed that was paid off & the judgement removed & my score dropped 28 points! What in the world does it take? [Mod Cut] It says 1 derogatory acct which gives me a poor (whatever) but when I click on factors it has nothing and says excellent....I've been fighting this damn thing for 9 years and I guess it's just time to say "screw it all"  no matter what I do I can't get above a 650! And 9 yrs ago I had 690... My payment history is excellent 99.9% on time, I'm sure they never give 100... My utilization is at 41% not great but not awful....credit history excellent & inquiries are fair, can't stop some of those, and I've lived where I am for 7 yrs and worked the same job for 19 yrs....ain't much more to do to get them scores up, oh well, e for effort right? That's about all I'll ever get is an E! Smiley Frustrated

As as you see there isn't a whole lot more I can do but raise my hands in defeat & realze I will never own a house because these awful credit gods don't want me to.....

i guess I'll just see how many CCDs I can get and have a blast maxing them out! They have left me at the bottom of my world....

Thanks for letting me vent a little,

Cheril 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: WTH

You might want some counseling, in regards to some of your comments. Hard to make out your problems and complaints, from the way you worded your post. Just an FYI, this is a family friendly forum.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

OP, you don't say which score you are using for comparison purposes. If you have a FICO 8 of 650 it is very possible that your FICO mortgage scores are in the same ballpark and 650 is enough to get a mortgage.  

The judgment is a serious thing.  It lives on beyond the credit report. If it is paid then you are fine but if you just got it to not report on your credit but it is still unpaid, then that would be the item that needs to be taken care of before obtaining a mortgage. If you have paid the judgment, check your public records (not the credit report) to see if the judgment has a recorded Satisfaction or not. 

If you know your mortgage scores and the mid score is above 620, then consider getting an FHA mortgage.  

Message 3 of 6
intookst
New Contributor

The judgement was paid in 13.  I have been working on my scores for 9 yrs now, when does the good start? I have nothing derogatory, pay all my bills on time and always more than the minimum payment and watch the inquiries....but still can't get my scores up..9 yrs ago I even paid off 8 ccs and yet I dropped to a 538.. That's when I let 2 cards go and got the judgement in 11, which I paid double what the original balance was and pad it off in 6 months. Then after it was paid they slapped it n my report, and a major drop for that. I have only recovered to a 633 since. I mean come on this whole report thing is ridiculous, whoever the report gods are they can do a lot of things to keep your scores down because that's who they make all the money off of with higher interest rates.  Example....I had 2 15 yr old accts pop up in 08, 1 was an electric bill for $100 in 92 and the other was a 30 day late in 95, yes I disputed, contacted the govt agency on it, was told it is illegal but try & find out who did it?,! They were removed but first they took 70 points away when they were put on, but not a dang point back after removed, there for I went from a 670 to a 601 & then down to a 538. Kind of hard to have any faith in this system. Nothing should control your life as much as this does and you have no control over it. I do everything right but the reward is not there even 9 yrs later. I don't believe it reflects anything about my credit worthiness just makes me look like all the other dead beats. 

As as I said before I give up, it's not worth the worry & headache of trying to make it right. People that don't worry about theirs have higher scores because they enter mess with the darn thing. 

Thanks for the replies, but I'm done,

Cheril 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it feels personal because it is your credit, but at the end of the day FICO scores are nothing more than an algorithm designed to determine risk. Giving up is what is holding your scores down. Letting 2 cards go into default because you didn't like where your score dropped to caused another 7 years of having derogs on your report which is always going to hold scores back. 

If you're serious about wanting a house, don't give up. It's just time to take a good look at your actual reports and work on all the negatives. I'm sure you already know how resourceful this place can be as there are so many members with outrageous amounts of knowledge. 

Then work on what you can control...never miss a payment, get utilzation down, etc.

I sympathize with your frustration, but a great amount of this is under your control.

Message 5 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@intookst wrote:

So I read on here about getting a paid judgement removed off my report. I disputed it and it's gone..yea or so I thought! I had a car financed that was paid off & the judgement removed & my score dropped 28 points! What in the world does it take? [Mod Cut] It says 1 derogatory acct which gives me a poor (whatever) but when I click on factors it has nothing and says excellent....I've been fighting this damn thing for 9 years and I guess it's just time to say "screw it all"  no matter what I do I can't get above a 650! And 9 yrs ago I had 690..What's the source of your scores?  Keep in mind that there are multiple scores, from multiple sources.  Don't rely on one score as YOUR score.. My payment history is excellent 99.9% on time, I'm sure they never give 100...That .1 percent can have an effect.  To say "they" don't give 100 is incorrect.  I have nearly 1000 on time payments listed and have had 100% for a while. My utilization is at 41% not great but not awful....41% utilisation does not contribute to excellent credit.  Recommendations are frequent to never have more than 30%, and ideally below 9%.  credit history excellent & inquiries are fair, Define "fair".  though inquiries don't have a major impact, a lot of inquiries can, and especially if they are in a relatively short time frame.  can't stop some of those, and I've lived where I am for 7 yrs and worked the same job for 19 yrs....ain't much more to do to get them scores up, oh well, e for effort right? That's about all I'll ever get is an E! Smiley Frustrated

As as you see there isn't a whole lot more I can do but raise my hands in defeat & realze I will never own a house because these awful credit gods don't want me to.....others have responded to this.  A mortgage is not impossible.  Your scores are not static.  There is a reason they have been in the range they are in.  And the credit gods are nearly always a computer.  

i guess I'll just see how many CCDs I can get and have a blast maxing them out! They have left me at the bottom of my world....

Thanks for letting me vent a little,

All of us can understand your frustration.  Many of us have been in the same place...and worse.  It is not an impossibility to improve your situation.  But throwing up your hands in defeat will not resolve anything.  READ!  There is an abundance of resources here, in the various stickies at the top of each forum.  Go through them with a fine tooth comb and print things out if necessary, for your future reference.  It can be done.  Many of us have.  But it won't happen easily.  It takes a LOT of work.  One has to simply not give in and admit defeat.  You have flaws in your report.  Work on them.  Don't guess that a dispute has been resolved and is off your reports.  Make sure it is. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.