cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the OFFICIAL FICO score range for GOOD credit?!?!!?

tag

What is the OFFICIAL FICO score range for GOOD credit?!?!!?

Anyone who has a link to an official table or chart, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's what I "think" it is:

EXCELLENT CREDIT...FICO 720+

GOOD CREDIT..............FICO 660-719

FAIR CREDIT..................FICO 620-659

BAD CREDIT...................FICO <620

I know that "other" factors are considered when deciding if someone has EXCELLENT credit or not.  But are these ranges accurate?

Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is the OFFICIAL FICO score range for GOOD credit?!?!!?

Different companies have different ranges when analyzing FICO scoring...not to mention most of the companies out there look at non-FICO scoring when reviewing score ranges (e.g. the news media, review sites for FAKOs, etc.).

In FICO speak, your FICO report will show a 5-tier range: Bad, Not Good, Good, Very Good, and Great. I can't remember how they play out in detail, so bumping for others, but I know 660 starts the Good range and that stops at 720 or 735, which is the start of Very Good. I think Very Good goes to 760, which starts the Great range. I'm unsure of anything below the Good range.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Whatever the creditor using your score and associated credit file is looking for is ultimately the best.....

Message 3 of 4
pakman92
Established Contributor

It also seems that different kind of credit products have different ranges for setting rates.  For mortgages, 760+ generally put you at the best rate.  Of course, approval is based on other factors.  For auto, the top tier rate may be different, slightly lower.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.