When do inquiries from July 16....

tag
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: When do inquiries from July 16....

@Simba501 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

The 1 year is from the date of the inquiry.  The 2 year fall-off from credit reports varies depending on the CRA.  Sometimes they fall-off at the beginning of the month 2 years later (equifax often does this), and sometimes you have to wait a full month later (usually Experian does this).  But, as for FICO, its one year exactly.

ETA:  there is a FICO penalty for inquiries that may read "too many inquiries within the last 12 months" if you have more than 0 inquiries.

Is the one year date from inquiry verified? I am just curious since I had three inquiries that were supposed to hit 1 year in June,but I have yet to see any score changes and it still shows all my HP inquiries.

I've heard that repeatedly, from several sources.  Perhaps you did not have enough inquiries to ding your scores?

Remember the inquiry stays for 2 years, but the affect on your score happens in 1 year.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@Simba501 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

The 1 year is from the date of the inquiry.  The 2 year fall-off from credit reports varies depending on the CRA.  Sometimes they fall-off at the beginning of the month 2 years later (equifax often does this), and sometimes you have to wait a full month later (usually Experian does this).  But, as for FICO, its one year exactly.

ETA:  there is a FICO penalty for inquiries that may read "too many inquiries within the last 12 months" if you have more than 0 inquiries.

Is the one year date from inquiry verified? I am just curious since I had three inquiries that were supposed to hit 1 year in June,but I have yet to see any score changes and it still shows all my HP inquiries.

I've heard that repeatedly, from several sources.  Perhaps you did not have enough inquiries to ding your scores?

Remember the inquiry stays for 2 years, but the affect on your score happens in 1 year.

Yeah I realize it stays two years on cr,but thought would see a bump on my fico score since it should no longer be affecting fico scores.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 14
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Sounds good. I have 4 TU inqs, and three are dropping off this month.

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 13 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

At the 1 year mark you may not see any change in score as it has already been reclaimed over the 1 years time, sometimes the effect of the inquiry is gone at 6 months it just depends on your CR and what bucket you are in.

It would appear that Barry disagrees.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.