cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do the points drop off from an inquiry...is it immediate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do the points drop off from an inquiry...is it immediate?

I know that I've seen this asked before, but I can't find the post...sorry to repeat a question!

I am wondering if when a company requests your credit, if the score decrease is immediate...will the score they see be decreased, or if the decrease will come later?  I am asking because we are getting ready to lock in a rate for the home we are building and the lender will be pulling new reports.  We are way out of our two week shopping period so I am afraid of how many points it will effect my score when they pull again. 

Also, we will most likely be locking in a rate in October but won't be closing until the end of November...do you think they will pull reports again before closing?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do the points drop off from an inquiry...is it immediate?

The score drops immediately AFTER they pull.

So if you score is 680 they will pull 680 if the pull 5 minutes after that it will have the INQ and potential score drop.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. The inq is left behind like an after taste. Usually the initial taste is good, but not so good after. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!  It's good news though...it's what they will see that I care about.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.