cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the very in-depth thread about FICO scoring?

tag
GZG
Valued Contributor

Where is the very in-depth thread about FICO scoring?

I can't find that super long, detailed thread about FICO scoring. It's not in the big list of threads, or if it is, I've missed it, but I just can't seem to find it.

It goes over scoring factors, scorecards, how many points are in each portion of the scoring alogrithim. etc etc. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Re: Where is the very in-depth thread about FICO scoring?

Do you mean this one?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Credit-Scoring-Primer-pub-5-17-20/m-p/60... 

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 2 of 7
GZG
Valued Contributor

Yes! Thank you!

@NoHardLimits wrote:

Do you mean this one?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Credit-Scoring-Primer-pub-5-17-20/m-p/60... 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 7
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@GZG wrote:

Yes! Thank you!

@NoHardLimits wrote:

Do you mean this one?

You're welcome!  It was a very good read.  That's why I remembered it.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 4 of 7
difringe
Established Contributor

@GZG wrote:

I can't find that super long, detailed thread about FICO scoring. It's not in the big list of threads, or if it is, I've missed it, but I just can't seem to find it.

It goes over scoring factors, scorecards, how many points are in each portion of the scoring alogrithim. etc etc. 

Never understood why threads like that, the Navy Federal/PenFed info threads, etc. aren't just pinned

Message 5 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@difringe wrote:

@GZG wrote:

Never understood why threads like that, the Navy Federal/PenFed info threads, etc. aren't just pinned

One probable reason is that while it purports to be authoritative, it's got a lot of things in it that are unproven and/or wrong.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 7
difringe
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@difringe wrote:

@GZG wrote:

One probable reason is that while it purports to be authoritative, it's got a lot of things in it that are unproven and/or wrong.

i feel like that's easily correctable by updating...and the NFCU/PenFed threads have multiple versions to make sure they're up-to-date, but they're still not pinned.  anyway, just one of my random gripes with this forum

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.