Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to go from here

Hello, myfico. This is the first post I've made here, though I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time (relatively). I just wanted to get some general advice on where to go from where I'm at. I'm 19 years old, with an income of about 35k. The only credit types I have are cards. I got my first card, a secured CapOne Mastercard in May of 2015, with a $50 deposit and a $201 limit. After having anywhere from 20-80% balances on the card, I requested a CLI in November, which I was approved for $300, making my total CL on the card $501. In December, I applied for the Amex Everyday, and was approved for a $500 limit. Since then, my total utilization has dropped to about 10-20%. Last month (Feb 2016) I applied for a CapOne Platinum and a Discover It, which I was approved for a $500 and $1000 limit, respectively. Now my util is at about 5% seeing as how I've kept all my spending habits the same. My question is, where do I go from here on my credit journey? I've never missed a payment, down to <10% util, with a $2501 total limit, 4mo aaoa and anywhere from 680 to 720 (based on fako scores, creditkarma, discover and capone's credit trackers). There are more cards that I want but I do know better than to apply for even more than I've got. So what do I do to better my credit apart from keeping up low balances and on time payments? I really want the Chase Freedom, and I also have a PNC bank account and I'd like to get the PNC Cashbuilder as well. Should I just be patient and wait a year or two before doing anything else?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.