cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is more accurate: Equifax or Myfico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is more accurate: Equifax or Myfico?

I pay for Equifax, not sure which one but it is $17.xx, as well as Myfico. Equifax has not updated since 6/16 and it has my score at 605. Equifax on Myfico has updated my score on 6/26 and just now to a total of 654, which I'm pretty excited about. Is it safe to say that Myfico is the more accurate score?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which is more accurate: Equifax or Myfico?

My fico is accurate. Sounds like equifax is a fako and a waste of money. I would cancel.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'm planning on it before it renews.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian credit tracker is awesome! It's a fico. I have that and the my fico 3 bureau monitoring. I'm glad I have the track because it actually updates a week earlier than the my fico ex does. And they always match.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually used it when I started in late May. I wanted to try MyFico and all of the agency programs to see which I liked best. Experian was great and my score matched perfectly to Myfico. The Equifax I have seen no movement at all, so it is definitely history. At this point I can't even justify paying another month for it.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup I would cancel right before it's due to renew. Also make sure to tell them you're canceling due to a product that doesn't deliver. 😁
Message 6 of 13
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Actually, if you had Equifax Score Watch, it would monitor your FICO 04 score.  I used to have this and canceled it about 6 months ago.  I only paid $69.95/year for it so it was a pretty good deal for the monitoring

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had EQ.  They will also give you your Fico score for $$$.  But I found it was still off from what Fico said.  Not worth it unless you're disputing something. 

Message 8 of 13
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Experian credit tracker is awesome! It's a fico. I have that and the my fico 3 bureau monitoring. I'm glad I have the track because it actually updates a week earlier than the my fico ex does. And they always match.

How does EX Credit Tracker update a week ahead of what MyFICO sees?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian updated about 2-3 days before Myfico.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.