Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which monitoring service?

tag
BrokeBandit
Established Member

Which monitoring service?

So I am cofused over which to buy.  I currently have the MyFico Equifax Score and just pulled all three free anual credit reports.  Each credit report has inauucraies and each are incosistant from the way one account reports on one report tto the next.

While attepting to fix the errors, I want to monthly monitor all of my FICO scores (I know it's just Equifax and TU) as well as all three of my credit reports.  It doesn't look I can get that on this site yet I see people posting they are getting their monthyly score and reports here?  Perhaps I am misunderstanding them?

What's my best options?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which monitoring service?

@BrokeBandit wrote:

So I am cofused over which to buy.  I currently have the MyFico Equifax Score and just pulled all three free anual credit reports.  Each credit report has inauucraies and each are incosistant from the way one account reports on one report tto the next.

While attepting to fix the errors, I want to monthly monitor all of my FICO scores (I know it's just Equifax and TU) as well as all three of my credit reports.  It doesn't look I can get that on this site yet I see people posting they are getting their monthyly score and reports here?  Perhaps I am misunderstanding them?

What's my best options?

Thanks! 

Hi there.

Have you looked at the CMS Guide here onsite to see if it can be of help?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

Most people are confused about this.

Most people, including me, would love to have a service that monitored all three CRAs for changes AND gave us actual FICO scores to go along with it. It does not exist. There is a CMS guide posted here by Ilecs and it is excellent. Look for it as a sticky in the General Credit Topics.

Best to separate the idea of credit monitoring and any meaningful credit score. I have settled on a service that monitors all three and lets me pull reports. I then pay for a real EQ FICO here if I feel I need the score. Scorewatch here gives you some monitoring on EQ and two free EQ FICO reports plus a discount on extra FICO reports. It does a decent job of monitoring negative changes but so-so monitoring positive changes. It only monitors EQ.

Sounds like you need something that monitors all three and lets you pull regular reports. You will then need to pay for any score that actually means something - like the EQ FICO from here.

ETA: Out typed by MVV. At least you know it is probably good advice when you hear it twice a minute apart from two different people.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get confused as well.  I did see that thread but perhaps I should read it again.  It looks like I should get something that pulls all three reports either on a daily or monthly basis (maybe from truecredit.com?) and a seperate Score Watch here?  I used to us TrueCredit but it seems like it changed a lot.

Message 4 of 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

I used to use Truecredit, then cancelled about a year ago. I re-signed up about 3 months ago and it had gone way downhill. I cancelled quickly. It was difficult to get it cancelled. I had to listen to the utter nonsense from their CSR over and over again.

I get the feeling that people that have kept the service for years get a better deal than people that sign up today.

The service you get for the price seems to have gone downhill for all companies. There seems to be a concentrated effort with advertising and sales tactics to convince the customer that they are receiving value for their money without any basis in reality.

It very well could be that Truecredit is a decent product but that would be because the others have gone downhill also.

Message 5 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty happy with EliminateIDTheft (they use TU Truecredit I am pretty sure) -- because it lets me pull daily.  It gives FAKO's.  The TU Fako is the same as Credit Karma from what I can tell.

But what I like about EliminateIDTheft is the price.  It's 17.95 a month and that monitor's my husband AND my reports. - There isn't a better price out there that I have found. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its what is important to each individual family, don't you think.  For us, we are interested in monitoring our credit reports while our FICO score is building so, the service we are using is from USAA Bank called CreditCheck Monitoring which sells for $12.25 a month and allows us to pull all 3 CRS daily.  They send you an e-mail alert to any changes.  We don't pay any attention to the scores since they aren't real.  Being able to see all 3 CRS any time you want is what we were looking for, and found in the USAA CreditCheck Monitoring.  Works for us! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.