Which score is the most accurate??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which score is the most accurate??

I have 3 sources for Scores. [Soon to be 4] 

•Credit Karma (FACO)
•myFICO
•Capital One Credit Tracker (Transunion) 
•Ally Bank Credit Tracker [ I can't use this one yet as I haven't made 3 monthly payments on my car yet]

I'm going to run with Transunion scores for this since myFICO is the only one that shows all three.. Here are my scores. 

•CreditKarma -- 622
•myFICO -- 617
•Capital One - 636

Inquires for Transunion : 22 [This confuses me as 15 of those are from getting my Auto Loan - I thought they only counted as 1?? so lost]

Which score is the most accurate?? Is there any way to tell? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which score is the most accurate??

They are probably all "accurate" as of the time they updated.  But the only one that is likely to be relevant is the myFICO score. 

Message 2 of 5
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 sources for Scores. [Soon to be 4] 

•Credit Karma (FACO)
•myFICO
•Capital One Credit Tracker (Transunion) 
•Ally Bank Credit Tracker [ I can't use this one yet as I haven't made 3 monthly payments on my car yet]

I'm going to run with Transunion scores for this since myFICO is the only one that shows all three.. Here are my scores. 

•CreditKarma -- 622
•myFICO -- 617
•Capital One - 636

Inquires for Transunion : 22 [This confuses me as 15 of those are from getting my Auto Loan - I thought they only counted as 1?? so lost]

Which score is the most accurate?? Is there any way to tell? 

Your Credit Karma TU score is VantageScore 3.0. Your Capital One TU score is TransUnion New Accounts 3.0 or VantageScore 3.0 - Cap One is transitioning fron the New Accounts 3.0 model to the VantageScore 3.0 model. Not sure if switch is complete yet. Your score from MyFICO would be a  Fico 08 score.

So, if your question is which of these are Fico 08 scores, it is only the one from MyFICO.

With respect to inquiries it can be very confusing. All hard inquiries may show on your report but, those associated with a car or home loan should be coded and grouped together to count as one in scoring. Again, just because they show does not mean they are not grouped together.

Consider contacting MyFICO to confirm how they treated your inquiries.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 3 of 5
cem13
Established Contributor

I will answer this question in a different way.  My answer?  All.

I have developed a scoring system called the CEM Master Score.  Your score on my scale: 57 and it is 100% acurate. (That will be $9.99 per month please)

You need to know what a score is regardless of which type it is.  Then you need to find out what score the lender uses because that is really all that matters.  Every lender I have used, uses FICO scoring of some type.  I do not have any Chase products.

I wrote in a different thread that I was looking for a mortgage on a second (summer) home.  My "go-to" lender uses TU 08 only.  This is not typical for a mortgage.  My TU08 score is 679 which is very low (IMO).  So I went with another lender who pulls all 3 CRAs but uses the "mortgage scores".  Those scores are 728 / 727 / 701.  So I received a preferred rate from this lender whereas the other lender considered me high risk thus higher rate.

My credit report is exactly the same as pulled by the different lenders.  However, the key is for which scoring model did they use. 

Get it?

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

I will answer this question in a different way.  My answer?  All.

I have developed a scoring system called the CEM Master Score.  Your score on my scale: 57 and it is 100% acurate. (That will be $9.99 per month please)

You need to know what a score is regardless of which type it is.  Then you need to find out what score the lender uses because that is really all that matters.  Every lender I have used, uses FICO scoring of some type.  I do not have any Chase products.

I wrote in a different thread that I was looking for a mortgage on a second (summer) home.  My "go-to" lender uses TU 08 only.  This is not typical for a mortgage.  My TU08 score is 679 which is very low (IMO).  So I went with another lender who pulls all 3 CRAs but uses the "mortgage scores".  Those scores are 728 / 727 / 701.  So I received a preferred rate from this lender whereas the other lender considered me high risk thus higher rate.

My credit report is exactly the same as pulled by the different lenders.  However, the key is for which scoring model did they use. 

Get it?

i....I think so... 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.