Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my TU score go down?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did my TU score go down?

Everything looks exactly the same as last month except last months box said "good"  for amount of new credit and this month's says not good.  But when I look at my inquiries everything is the same.  I did get a new Cap One card last month but its not reporting.  I also noticed that my balances have been the same on TU for two months.  Will I get those seven points back when the new balances are updated?

On EQ my amount of debt changed to "good"  and my balances are lower including one card that went from 77% to $0 and my score stayed the same.  What am I missing?  Is there a particular day of the month that is better for checking scores?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why did my TU score go down?

Look again at TU. Is it possible that Capital One pulled all 3 reports for that CC? They usually do. A new inquiry from them could change things around. If not, make sure it isn't reporting. That also has the potential to drop your scores.

If not the above and your balances between the two reports are precisely the same, then I dunno.

For EQ, changing one card is good, but did your overall utilization drop too? If so, do you have multiple CCs?

There's never one good day to check FICO scores. I pull sometimes up to several times per month for EQ and TU and found that your FICO scores can change daily if you have things updating daily. I have 15 active CCs and each updated balance can impact my FICO scores.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.