cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would TU and EQ FICO scores be 59 points apart?

tag
wowchad
New Contributor

Why would TU and EQ FICO scores be 59 points apart?

I pulled my TU score today and was pleasantly surprised to see it at 694, however when I looked again at my EQ score its still sitting at the same 635 its been at for 3 months.

Why are these two CRA's so far apart from one another???

At closer look the only real difference I could see was my BK listed 2x on EQ and only once on TU.

On EQ it's listed once as Discharged CH-7 from 2001 and once as Voluntary CH-7 from the same exact date.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Why would TU and EQ FICO scores be 59 points apart?

It's not uncommon for your scores to be different, even if the reports are exactly identical.  Each CRA has a unique FICO scoring algorithm.  I'm pretty certain your BK shouldn't be double listed on EQ, you can dispute that away.  You should also double check for any other differences that may exist in your reports. 
Message 2 of 3
wowchad
New Contributor

Re: Why would TU and EQ FICO scores be 59 points apart?

I did find one more baddie on the EQ report that's not on the TU. It's from 2003, well assigned and reported in 2003 but says "Date Last Active Dec 01, 2002" and "Status: In Bankruptcy" which was actually filed in 2001.

I'm thinking I may dispute it; this will be a first for me.

Since its so old maybe I should leave it though...Now I have some more reading-up to do Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.