Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my GW letter bite me in the butt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will my GW letter bite me in the butt?

I had a Kohl's charge that a couple of late payments on it. Long story short I paid it off and closed it a few years ago (2011). I sent a letter to them asking that they remove the late payments because I'd paid the card off and even had a new Kohl's charge that I pay faithfully (if I use it at all).  I sent a letter to the CEO AND I mailed them a goodwill letter and their response was....

"we have completely deleted this trade line from your credit file as it had a zero balance, was closed and inactive". Smiley Surprised

I didn't want it completely deleted because it was and older card (AAoA). I just wanted them to remove the late payments that were reporting.

How do you think it will effect my credit?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will my GW letter bite me in the butt?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Kohl's charge that a couple of late payment on. Long story short I paid it off and closed it a couple of years ago. I sent a letter to them asking that they remove the late payments because I'd paid the card off and even had a new Kohl's charge that I pay faithfully (if I use it at all).  I sent a letter to the CEO AND I mailed them a goodwill letter, their response was "we have completely delete this trade line from your credit file as it had a zero balance, was closed and inactive".

I didn't want it completely delete because it was and older card (AAoA). I just wanted them to remove the late payments that were reporting.

How do you think it will effect my credit?

If it was your only derog account I would expect a Fico boost. The fact they removed it is great always preferrable to have derogs gone even if it means sacrificing an older account.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.