cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will raising my over all score also help my auto score?

tag
Ace6
Established Member

Will raising my over all score also help my auto score?

Hello,

I am currently working on repairing my credit. My EQ is 589, TU 636, and EX 648 my Auto8: EQ 594, TU 562, EX 587. Does raising my regular score help my auto8? Or is there a different way I should be going about this?

9 REPLIES 9
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Re: Will raising my over all score also help my auto score?

Having been a finance manager years ago at a large corporate store I saw it all. While it will certainly help your scores, the banks look at alot of other factors as well. I have had some with 750+ denied. Also depends which CR the dealership sends over- some access all 3 and send best, or 2 which is most common. Keep up the good work! 

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 2 of 10
Ace6
Established Member

How can I improve my auto score? Or better my chances to be approved for a lease?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you been to the rebuilding section? You will likely find more assistance there for any question regarding this.

Though taking care of any negatives will definitely help, as well as not carrying any balances on your cards or at least under the 8% threshold.

Aside from that it's basically all a waiting game for you file to age.

Message 4 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Ace6 wrote:

Hello,

I am currently working on repairing my credit. My EQ is 589, TU 636, and EX 648 my Auto8: EQ 594, TU 562, EX 587. Does raising my regular score help my auto8? Or is there a different way I should be going about this?

I have found the FICO 8 and FICO Auto 8 scores tend to move in the same direction, but they are different. Today my EX FICO 8 is 23 points higher than my EX FICO Auto 8. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

This is a good topic. Thanks for the question OP and for feedback from others.

My FICO Auto 8 has seemed to trail my FICO 8 as well. But I am tracking it because my assumption is that as my FICO 8 goes up, so too will my Auto 8.

When I took out my new lease in 2018, my 2015 lease was fully paid off (3 months early). Next time I am going to make sure it's not paid of early. I wonder if FICO Auto 8 is potentionally at its highest when there is an open auto loan or lease in its last few months of term.

Message 6 of 10
Ace6
Established Member

I was originally on that topic board but my question was moved to this one. I have been rebuilding my score and my regular score has improved but the auto ones seem to move slower. I was considering taking out an auto loan just to get new auto payments history in hopes it will raise the score. Any thoughts? 

Message 7 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Ace6 wrote:

I was originally on that topic board but my question was moved to this one. I have been rebuilding my score and my regular score has improved but the auto ones seem to move slower. I was considering taking out an auto loan just to get new auto payments history in hopes it will raise the score. Any thoughts? 

No. Don't do that. The best thing for both scores is to not apply for new credit and to not open any new accounts.

Message 8 of 10
Ace6
Established Member

Should I just continue to use my credit cards and maintain positive history with them? Right now they are at 7% utilization.

Message 9 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Ace6 wrote:

Should I just continue to use my credit cards and maintain positive history with them? Right now they are at 7% utilization.

Yes of course you should.

Make sure each card reports a balance of 28% or less, and that your aggregate utilization reports at 8.9% or less. But if you can keep your utilization even lower, that would be even better.

But in your case there are no doubt negatives in your reports. You might as well try to get rid of them to the extent possible. I think the easiest thing is to send the bureaus verification letters for the negative items. Sometimes that precipitates the negatives falling off of your report.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.