cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering how to determine reporting dates?

tag
14greatcredit

Wondering how to determine reporting dates?

Hi I am new here on the forum and I have scorewatch and my score dropped today not significantly but it said  I had a balance of 456. on Wf cc with a 4000. limit that I pay off each month in full it said it hurt my score. How can I determine the date they report so I can leave a small balance on my card? Thank you in advance In addition this is a new card but I have a great credit history.  I don't get the game or how to play the fico score game? If I show no balance they drop me  then last month I charged on the WF and they raised me and this month  I show a balance they drop me? Dont get all of this Any help would be greatly appreciatedSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wondering how to determine reporting dates?

Welcome to the forums!

Almost all lenders report the statement balance: if you have the SW alert just now, most likely your statement closed a few days ago, and if so, that was likely what occurred.  Can double check this by looking at the statement that WF generated, and see if the balance matches, though I've never heard of WF doing anything different than that.  The other possible case as it's 8/1, is they report the last day of the month which is what 2 lenders I know of do.

Most of our members (when they care about prettying up their report and score) simply pay ahead of the statement/reporting date as you suggest to manage what gets reported to the bureaus, either $0 or a small balance depending on which card they want to show a small balance (don't want everything reporting $0, that is another FICO negative).

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.