cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth it to fix this incorrect reporting?

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

Re: Worth it to fix this incorrect reporting?

So would I call Comenity to dispute, or the CRAs?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your first step would be a simple phone call to the creditor.  If that doesn't work, initiate a dispute.  If it's incorrectly reported and you weren't in fact late (but your CR says you were) I think a front-line CSR from your creditor would be able to resolve/re-report it [correctly] in prompt fashion.

Message 12 of 15
gorgon
Established Contributor

Comenity was no help. Filed disputes with the CRAs. Uploaded my BK7 filing as a supporting doc. Surely they will side with me...

Message 13 of 15
gorgon
Established Contributor

Got an email yesterday that Equifax is still working on my dispute.

Got an email from Experian this morning that my dispute was complete and the updated report was available. Looked at the report and absolutely nothing has changed. That was helpful..  Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure on the score penalty of IIB, actually I think it isn't a problem basically suggests this tradeline got caught up in the BK when it comes to underwriting.

Will state if you have a BK on it, and other accounts IIB, the impact on your score by removing it is going to be a handful of points if any, and at that point I'd keep the history personally depending on the thickness of my file.

Not sure this is really worth worrying over frankly.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.