cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can someone give me insight help why is my score so bad Help?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: can someone give me insight help why is my score so bad Help?

@Joecooltech wrote:

Ok, I need a little help understanding the following my Fico 8 score is 565 I defaulted on every cc you can think of during a divorce 3 yrs ago. I have 4 accounts that are in good standing but i also have collection 4 of them reporting every month.

MY CREDIT REPORT IS AS FOLLOWS

The Good

AUTO LOAN- opened April of 16 amount owed 6000 out of 10,500 

Wells Fargo- opened April of 16 dad is primary account holder Limit 8,600 Bal. 2300

Personal loan- opened January 17 amount 2000 owe 1200

Finger Hut- opened yesterday Limt 800

The bad  

Midland Funding- Opened 3 yrs 6 mo amount 1,170

Midland Funding- Opened 3 yrs 5 mo amount 835

Portfolio Recovery Opened 2 yrs 6 mo amount  731

Cavalry- Opened 3 yrs 2 mo amount 753

Each are updating every month any idea how to get my score out of the dumpster? 

Why is my score so bad with good utilization and almost 18 months of solid payments?

I don't know why you're surprised that your scores are low when you defaulted on every credit card you can think of and have 4 collections.

You're going to have to pay that stuff off, and you're going to need time, lots of time, for your profile to clear up.

Additionally, the other weaknesses I see are:

-the auto loan and personal loans are depressing your score and will continue to do so until the combined balances are below 1200 (try not to pay

either to zero, though, until you've conferred back with us on score maximization)

-you didn't give us any info on the 4 other loans so I can't advise you on those but probably your utilization isn't as "good" as you think it is in FICO's eyes

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: can someone give me insight help why is my score so bad Help?

@Joecooltech wrote:
That's what I'm struggling with at the moment I have money in the bank. Like to the tune of 500,000 due to the death of a family member. I making 30,000 just an interest but my credit score is terrible and I want to keep the principle of the money in the bank

You should be paying off all your debts

It's ridiculous that you're crying about your credit score instead of paying your creditors what you owe them

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.