Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused and looking for help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

confused and looking for help

I have recently got my credit report and really wanting to correct it. I am wanting to purchase a house within the next two years but just want to learn some lingo that you guys have posted on the threads here.  CA, what does it mean? GW, what are these? I have one credit card right now, one auto loan, and student loan. Everything else is either charge off or collection or closed. What can I do. Currently my credit scores range anywhere from 450-499. I am currently wondering which two bad credit cards to pay off. Medical bills that are in collection and stuff that has been over 5 plus years that arent paid either. Thank you for any help and I appreciate your assistance and giving me some advice on this matter.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: confused and looking for help

Hi usnb0011, welcome to the FICO Forums.

The best way to start your credit rebuilding effort would be to click on the "Frequently Requested Threads" link that is stickied at the top of the list of the threads.  This will provide with links to common abbreviations (CA = collection agency and GW = goodwill [letter]), a credit scoring 101 link, and some other very helpful links.

It seems like you have several negative entries in your credit report.  To help others give you advice that would specifically applicable to your situation, you might want to take the time to describe what appears on your credit report now.  Information such as the type of account (CC, student loan, etc), status (charge off, 180 days late), date of first delinquency, etc. for each account would help people understand your situation better.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: confused and looking for help

I also welcome you.

Don't feel alone about being confused and needing help. All of us here are in different stages of credit repair and rebuilding. You are in a really good place to start your journey. It can be a long and frustrating trip but well worth it. If you stick around you will learn much and then someday you'll be able to pass on what you've learned to others. That's what it's all about. Or should be.

All the information can seem overwhelming at times but take it slowly and you'll catch on in no time.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.