Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit score

Hi there, my credit history dates back 25 years.  Never had a single negative bit of information. In September I made my 2nd mtg payment on line (so I thought) however they called me 32 days later asking me to make payment over the phone. Of course I was suprised and thought it had already been made.  It dropped my scores 70 points by having 1 late payment, just 1 in 25 years! No collections or judements ever.  They could see I logged in that day however said a pmt was never made.  What can I do to fix this? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: credit score

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the mishap.

Having a clean perfect history is always a great thing and respect your dedication to your success. The now present 30 day late is a negative on your CR's which usually ends up in a major score lose and will have less of an impact as time goes on. IMO I would attempt a GW with them and explain that payment was issued on their site and for some odd reason you later found out it did not go through. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there, my credit history dates back 25 years.  Never had a single negative bit of information. In September I made my 2nd mtg payment on line (so I thought) however they called me 32 days later asking me to make payment over the phone. Of course I was suprised and thought it had already been made.  It dropped my scores 70 points by having 1 late payment, just 1 in 25 years! No collections or judements ever.  They could see I logged in that day however said a pmt was never made.  What can I do to fix this? 

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

I agree that a phone call might be all that is necessary to fix this especially given the fact that your payment history is so clean. It's definitely worth a shot.

Good luck to you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lambert -

Welcome - sorry your first post is under these circumstances.

Best wishes on the goodwill call - that is definitely what I would do if I were in your shoes.

If, for some reason they don't agree to a goodwill removal immediately, consider trying again after a few more months of your exceptional payment history.

This post is a great reminder to the rest of us to double check online payments.

PDF a copy of the online receipt and confirmation number.

Check the balance of the account in a few days; and

Check your bank account to be sure the payment cleared.

Congrats on your exceptional history!  And glad you're here!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.