Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: equifax

Also, Equifax seems to penalize for negatives much more so than the other bureaus. It has always been my lowest score. (I have a nice sprinkling of 30 days from my pre-online days.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
(I have a nice sprinkling of 30 days from my pre-online days.)

Wow, a great euphemism for a euphemism.  In a  twisted way I like the fact the EQ does that since its always better to know the worst case when applying for credit.

It would be interesting to know the history of hy the CRAs focus differently on the same content of our credit reports.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 14
Maya12
Valued Member

What's a Vantage score and are CC / Loan companies using it?

Is it worth checking?

01/10 TU 677, EQ 497,
01/08 TU 556, EQ 574, EXP 602
Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The three CRA's worked together to come up with an attempted alternative to FICO scores, and called it the Vantage score.

Maya12 wrote:

...are CC / Loan companies using it?

Nope, except for Kohl's which pulls the EX Vantage score.

Is it worth checking?

Nope. Save your money.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.