Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gaining points from inquiries aging

tag
folks19
Frequent Contributor

Re: gaining points from inquiries aging

@AZ-Jeff wrote:

That's great that you haven't made any late payments and your utilization is low. I've read on other posts that you need three credit cards to use the AZEO method which might help your score. But other than time, I'd shoot for a score of 720 for now and visit the annualcreditreport website to monitor your accounts. Understanding that your file is relatively new, the inquiries might have more impact on your score. And I'm sure you aren't going to go out and buy a house or car just to add to your "mix". Smiley Happy

Iv'e been wanting to add some more cards, but as I wrote, that's a bit hard for me now because I don'e have a job, and I also want my HP's to age off, and I also was held back from applying because of the situation with the virus. But if there was a card that I was likely to get uproved for, I would apply. Let me know if you have an idea.

Message 11 of 13
AZ-Jeff
New Contributor

You are in a tough spot. Without a source of income and the general state of the economy, it might be best to hold off applying for a credit card. Your current credit score is "good" so I would continue to monitor it and give it some time to increase...

@folks19 wrote:

@AZ-Jeff wrote:

That's great that you haven't made any late payments and your utilization is low. I've read on other posts that you need three credit cards to use the AZEO method which might help your score. But other than time, I'd shoot for a score of 720 for now and visit the annualcreditreport website to monitor your accounts. Understanding that your file is relatively new, the inquiries might have more impact on your score. And I'm sure you aren't going to go out and buy a house or car just to add to your "mix". Smiley Happy

Iv'e been wanting to add some more cards, but as I wrote, that's a bit hard for me now because I don'e have a job, and I also want my HP's to age off, and I also was held back from applying because of the situation with the virus. But if there was a card that I was likely to get uproved for, I would apply. Let me know if you have an idea.

Message 12 of 13
folks19
Frequent Contributor

@AZ-Jeff wrote:

You are in a tough spot. Without a source of income and the general state of the economy, it might be best to hold off applying for a credit card. Your current credit score is "good" so I would continue to monitor it and give it some time to increase...

@folks19 wrote:

@AZ-Jeff wrote:

That's basically what I'm doing now. When things start getting a bit better, I may apply for a student card, or I may even consider a secured card even though I have an "ok" credit score. (I'm never sure about the 700 area whether it's considered "fair" or "good"...)

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.