Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with this

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

help with this

i recently joined here and my knowledge is going through the roof thanks to you guys. ive never had credit before so i recently opened 3 cc accounts one just showed up on transunion 2 days ago. about 2 weeks ago i went to purchase my transunion and equifax score through this site and i was told that a score couldnt be generated for me that i would have to wait 6 months from the time my cc accounts were established. is there another way to get a true fico score and how do i go about getting anything from experian? i know getting a score would be difficult but how would i be able to check my report through them? i went to annualcreditreport.com and got my equifax and transunion and when i got to experian it said there was an error and when i tried to view it again i was told to wait another year? help with this would be greatly appreciated thank you so much and keep up the great forum

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: help with this

@rootpooty wrote:

i recently joined here and my knowledge is going through the roof thanks to you guys. ive never had credit before so i recently opened 3 cc accounts one just showed up on transunion 2 days ago. about 2 weeks ago i went to purchase my transunion and equifax score through this site and i was told that a score couldnt be generated for me that i would have to wait 6 months from the time my cc accounts were established. is there another way to get a true fico score and how do i go about getting anything from experian? i know getting a score would be difficult but how would i be able to check my report through them? i went to annualcreditreport.com and got my equifax and transunion and when i got to experian it said there was an error and when i tried to view it again i was told to wait another year? help with this would be greatly appreciated thank you so much and keep up the great forum

I don't know of any way to generate a FICO before the minimum requirements are met:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.