Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increase my credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

increase my credit score

Hi All,

In the process of buying a house and need to increase my credit score asap Actually since nov 2017, was maintaining credit util <5 % on both my cards (citi n chase) except for may 2018 this yr wch went to 11% on one of them. The simulator showed 30 inc by may end 2018, surprisingly my credit score decreased eq 629, tu 640, ex 646 right now. Please help, planning to buy a house asap.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: increase my credit score

What does the rest of your credit file look like any negatives?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 30 day late payments but those were 2 and 1 year ago

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 30 day late payments but those were 2 and 1 year ago. Also no outstanding loans

Message 4 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Pay off one card, and leave one with a balance of less than 8.9% of its' total credit limit. If I'm understanding right, you only have 2 CCs that are open. 

Mortgage scores like less cards carrying a balance. So you are at 100% 2/2 correct? 

Also try to goodwill the lates for removal, not dispute, but write goodwill letters and kindly state what the situation was, that you have corrected it and kept in good standing till present, etc. If these are removed, this will really bump the mortgage scores up. As long as no previous derogs, charge off paid or unpaid, lien, judgment, bankruptcy. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.