Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking to boost credit score

tag
anh2lua
New Contributor

looking to boost credit score

Hi All,

I had a short sale on my primary home on March 2010.  I am planning to buy again after March 2012.  I still keep two major credit cards (Chase and Discover) after the short sale.  My Transunion and Experian scores are over 680, however, my equifax score is only 627 as of today.  Don't know why there is a big gap.

Anyway, I've recently received another American Express card from my employer (corporate card) on my name, credit limit is 10k.  Should I call 3 credit agencies and report this new card?

I also have another AMEX card as an authorized user.  The primary account holder is my wife.  This card is showing up on my credit reports, but it doesn't seem to impact my score at all.

I need to boost up my score within 3-4 months.  Should I apply for more credit cards? or maybe get more secured credit cards?

Thank you.

FICO scores Experian: 693; Equifax: 656; TransUnion: 707

Goal: 700+ on at least two reports
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: looking to boost credit score

as far as i know corporate credit cards provided to you by your employer will never show on your personal credit report.....

i'd apply for my own amex card if i was you, whats your CR like? anything bad? util %? AAoA?

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: looking to boost credit score

Consumers cant report  to a CRA.  That is only done at the intitiative/discretion of the creditor.

If the AU card is showing on your CR, it should be affecting scoring.  Since it is apparently a no-CL card, it is most liklely being scored in util based on its high balance.  And if you calculate your average age of accounts, you should see that it is being included.  What is the balance and what derogs are being reported on the AU card?  Is it an overall plus or minus?

With two major bank cards and the AU card, you probably have enough revolving credit being reported.  Applying for new cards may hurt in the short term, as they will add new inquiries, and if opened, reduce your average age of accounts. 

I would suggest concentrating on attempting to get any old derogs deleted.  How many do you have, are they now current/open, and have you tried good-will letters?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.