Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lowered credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

lowered credit score

My credit score dropped recently over 10 points and ordered my free one a year credit report but everything looked squeeky clean. What else could have affected it and how can I go about in fixing it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: lowered credit score

Welcome to the forums! 

Lots of things affect credit scores.  A score drop doesn't mean that a "negative" item like a late payment has been reported.

The most likely thing is credit card balances changing.  All kinds of things can happen with those to change your score. Likewise, an inquiry could have been reported.  Your youngest account could have turned 1 year old, which in turn could have triggered something called "rebucketing." The possibilities are legion.

What you probably will want to do is learn more about how credit scores work.  A good place to start would be this:

http://www.myfico.com/credit-education/credit-report-credit-score-articles/

You also may want to tell the folks on your thread what tool you are using to get your scores.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: lowered credit score

My shooting from the hip guess would be a change in utilization, but without hearing some more about your profile and what you have going on that's nothing more than a hunch.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.