Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO vs Vantage??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO vs Vantage??

my myFICO and my vantage scores are extremely close in comparison. Like maybe a 10 point difference. The FICO score an autolender pulled a few weeks ago 548, and that is not what myfico shows at all. I am extremely disappointed. I thought my scores were more like in the 560s. And thats not what I got at all. In a few weeks my CC information should update to the 3 CB and my score should go up, but I am concerned. Why such a difference in the scores. It also showed a FICO2 for mortgage lenders as 602, and another mortgage one that is FICO5 the score is 553. I for the life of me cannot figure out why the score are so drastic. My 3 different score from the 3 CB are 482TU 496EQ and 490EX. How are all these different scores so different, The FICO2 got me excited for the possibility of getting an FHA home loan, but the other scores say diiferently. So I am so confused at how different they are. I am working on getting a chunk of my debt removed. In 2 weeks it will be paid off and I am going to move foruth with trying to get it removed.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO vs Vantage??

@Anonymous wrote:

my myFICO and my vantage scores are extremely close in comparison. Like maybe a 10 point difference. The FICO score an autolender pulled a few weeks ago 548, and that is not what myfico shows at all. I am extremely disappointed. I thought my scores were more like in the 560s. And thats not what I got at all. In a few weeks my CC information should update to the 3 CB and my score should go up, but I am concerned. Why such a difference in the scores. It also showed a FICO2 for mortgage lenders as 602, and another mortgage one that is FICO5 the score is 553. I for the life of me cannot figure out why the score are so drastic. My 3 different score from the 3 CB are 482TU 496EQ and 490EX. How are all these different scores so different, The FICO2 got me excited for the possibility of getting an FHA home loan, but the other scores say diiferently. So I am so confused at how different they are. I am working on getting a chunk of my debt removed. In 2 weeks it will be paid off and I am going to move foruth with trying to get it removed.

I think a good place for you to start is here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/td-p/1197617

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already read that. I just don't get why there is such major differences. My scores shouldn't be that low. I got an auto score of 548, with TU before I had something removed.
Message 3 of 4
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Your scores are probably closer than most.  There just sin't much statistical difference between scores that are 25 points apart or so. Don't get too concerned about score variation from one score model to another. Specific industry scores can vary much more because they focus on a particular type of credit and there are a a large number of scores kicking around.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.