Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying balances on ccs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

paying balances on ccs

My husband have been out of work for last 6 months due to eye injury, that left him blind in his right eye-i am in the process of paying down my credit cards between 1%-5%. I don't have that many cards-but taking care of family of five is very costly, with only one income.

Capital One: $715/750

Credit One: $463/500

Bank America: $285/300 (had the card since 2006, will not increase limit, until the two collections is paid on my credit file)

Macy: $120/300

Capital Auto: $14,899

About estimate once paying down the util on the cards, how many points will i recd? My score 530 and i need to be around 640 loan for home. thanks you! God Bless!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: paying balances on ccs

Welcome to the forum.  IMHO you couild possible get to that score by having 1 CC report a balance of 9% or less on TU and EX.  I dont know how the collection would mute the affect of paying the balances down.  The best advice on that I can give is to post information on your collections in the Rebuilding Your Credit section on how to attack your collection.  Post as much info as possible without your account number or any privacy act information (name, SSN).
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.