Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

points increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

points increase

My current score is 615. I had a collection amount of around 1000$ > i settled it out recently and they agreed to delete the account entirely. Have a low credit usage about 10% or less.  However my credit history is quite new and the 1st credit card i had was about 2 years ago. (new to this country). How much of a credit point increase i can expect?the only negative was the collection which isnt there anymore. I have 3 credit cards Bofa 7200 limit..capital one and discover with 1000 limit each.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: points increase

Depends when you opened those accounts but wouldn't surprise me to see your scores move post 700.  Hard to say with newish files, but if all those accounts were opened two years ago and you have pretty utilization on them, you might do even better than that.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: points increase

thanks for the repl! my oldest card is Discover which i got 2 years back. Bofa i got less than a year ago and cap one about 3 months back. SO i have a very limited credit history in that sense.this collection was 1st reported in nov 2013 but later it got sold to another agency and they reported it 10 months back. anyways its gone now, so am hoping it will increqase my score quirte  a bit

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.