Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score not current on myFICO

tag
Alpha
New Contributor

score not current on myFICO

I signed up for scorewatch in early august of this year. when i log on the last date it shows a score 4 is august. no score shown in sept. I know the account is current and active.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: score not current on myFICO

It only generates a score when you ask it to. If you do, this will be your second and last freebie. If you think that there has been significant change in your credit reports, and you're desperately curious to see if your hard work paid off Smiley Happy , you can go ahead and pull a score now. Otherwise, you can choose to wait longer.

If you do pull a score now, you can keep getting scores in the future, but you will have to pay for them. If you have Score Watch, and if you get a score alert, you can buy reports at a discount ($10.95, I think.) Otherwise, they're the usual $15.95 each. Be sure to Google FICO discount codes and save some $$$.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BTW, you will be able to view your EQ scores and reports as long as the account is active. If you decide to cancel, you might want to print them all off first. Also, if you buy an EX or TU score, you can only view them for a month, so print them off too, before they go poof.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The nebulous advice that myFico gives you when subscribing does not make it clear.  Being a myFico subscriber is only for long term visitations.  If you want more than two, you pay, pay, pay.
Message 4 of 6
Alpha
New Contributor

OK, so i went ahead and clicked the button to use my one remaining free score power report and just my luck. it gave me an error message repeatedly. I'm eager to see what my current score is.. oh well
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you are not in need of application for immediate credit, dont get sucked into the game of needing to know your FICO score on a monthly basis. FICO today has no memory of the past, or relevance to the future unless the future is now..  Wait until you need to apply for credit, and dont waste the monthly report fees.  Concentrate on the advice from this forum, and that is where you get the increases.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.