Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too many inquiries

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

too many inquiries

My EX score is frozen @ 741 both on their web site which gives the  Plus score and on SW Fico.  I've had over 20K  in credit added; 1 new credit and rest has been CLI's Still the score won't budge under either system.  I know the 39 inquiries have some impact  but my EQ FICO still fluctuates from 670 - 700 with a large number of inquiries on EQ.  Anybody else have this to happen to them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: too many inquiries

Now that is a lot of INQs.
Message 2 of 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

I am no FICO expert, but I would think 39 INQ's would have quite an impact.  Are you thinking about going to the garden for a good couple of years?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Inqs have about a ten percent effect on your score if I remember correctly. I would imagine that at 39 (assuming that they are all pretty recent) that your score is about as dinged from inqs as it's going to get. Keep in mind that score isn't everything. Even if you have a 740 with that many inqs you will still get denied for many things due to too many inqs, despite a good score.

Message 4 of 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

Even if you have a 740 with that many inqs you will still get denied for many things due to too many inqs, despite a good score.

Very true!  If I remember correctly, Barclay may be a very good example of this.  From all that I have learned, they tend to frown on INQ's and have been known to decline or even close accounts because of too many recent INQ's, even with a high score.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.