Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

utilization DPs

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

utilization DPs

so we are aware that individual has a play on your fico score, what im not quite sure was clear was just how much it can mean something. Heres some dps

EXP: 760, overall uti 1%

EQ: 710, overall uti 3%, one individual uti @ 100%

TU: 771, same as EXP

approaching 4 years credit in novemeber, auto loan from 2021.

the only difference between the bureuas is report and which received the update first, pretty interesting to see a few hundred bucks shovel a score down 50-60

Edit: FICO 08 Scoring models provided from Experian app.

7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: uti dps

@elixerin wrote:

so we are aware that individual has a play on your fico score, what im not quite sure was clear was just how much it can mean something. Heres some dps

the only difference between the bureuas is report and which received the update first, pretty interesting to see a few hundred bucks shovel a score down 50-60

It's not the dollar amount that matters, it's the utilization - In your case having a maxed out card ( 100% utilization ). 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
calisig
Regular Contributor

@elixerin  - can you please verify the scoring model used for each CRA's score you presented? I assume they are all FICO 8, but I don't like to assume, because for many it is difficult to obtain a FICO 8 for TU and EQ - especially for the same exact day as EX ... thanks

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 3 of 8
elixerin
Established Contributor

@calisig wrote:

@elixerin  - can you please verify the scoring model used for each CRA's score you presented? I assume they are all FICO 8, but I don't like to assume, because for many it is difficult to obtain a FICO 8 for TU and EQ - especially for the same exact day as EX ... thanks

yes sorry, i used FICO 08's provided in the Experian app. free trial and just happened to refresh my 3 bureau at a snapshot that allowed me to share this DP.

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Who's the creditor that only reports to EQ?

Message 5 of 8
elixerin
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Who's the creditor that only reports to EQ?

none to my knowledge, this was just to show an individual utilization DP and how i was able to was good old lag on reporting amongst the bureaus and my happened timing of refreshing the 3b report, nothing else. if i were to be able to check again today, im sure EQ would now be up to date 

Message 6 of 8
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@elixerin wrote:

It's not the dollar amount that matters, it's the utilization - In your case having a maxed out card ( 100% utilization ). 

The impact of individual utilization drives me nuts.  I know the game we play for maximizing sores isn't going to change significantly anytime soon, but I'll forever find it ridiculous that 2 people with the same aggregate card limits and aggregate balances will have vastly different scores based on the distribution of the balances. If someone has 2 cards, one withn a $500 limit and one with a $5k limit and $500 reporting as of statement close, it shouldn't matter how that $500 is distributed amongst the cards.  $500 is $500 no matter how you package it imo, but I'm not a CRA nor am I a Fair Isaac employee so my opinion doesn't matter!

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 7 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

This is accurate. Fico does NOT LIKE high utilization on even a single card. Stay under 30% to avoid maximum hits to your score, and under 10% for maximum boosts in scores.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.