Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First new post

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First new post

I'm sure this is a stupid question but a search only gave results of people who were having problems with their first post.

How do you go to the first new post in a thread?  Every other forum software I've ever used has this function.  I can't believe this one doesn't, but I can't seem to find it.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: First new post

Go to your settings > preferences >general preferences > mark posts as read> when I read them 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do that already, but that's not what I'm talking about.  This is a mild example, but when I came to this board to read your reply, it would be nice if there was a button that would take me directly to your reply.  Other forums have this functionality.  In fact this is the only forum I've ever been on that DIDN'T.  There was only 2 posts in this thread, so obviously not a big deal at all, but if the thread has 4 pages of posts you either have to read through all 4 pages again, remember which page you last read and go directly to it, or start at the end of the thread and go backwards.  None of those are very user friendly.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... This is a mild example, but when I came to this board to read your reply, it would be nice if there was a button that would take me directly to your reply.  

When a member replies to one of my posts I get a notification (top right -- bell). That will provide a link to that particular reply.

In addition, when venturing into a Forum, any thread that has unread posts shows in BOLD FONT. Clicking on the title takes me directly to the 1st unread post. (Note: clicking on a specific page number takes me there).

Some forum capabilities are not readily available to brand new posters. If you don't see the above-listed, soon enough that will change.

Welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it would be nice if there was a button that would take me directly to your reply.  

I click the link sent to my email address and it takes me directly to that post/reply.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When a member replies to one of my posts I get a notification (top right -- bell). That will provide a link to that particular reply.

In addition, when venturing into a Forum, any thread that has unread posts shows in BOLD FONT. Clicking on the title takes me directly to the 1st unread post. (Note: clicking on a specific page number takes me there).

Some forum capabilities are not readily available to brand new posters. If you don't see the above-listed, soon enough that will change.

Welcome. Smiley Happy

I am not just talking about topics I have participated in.  For instance, the current PPP thread in the Business Credit forum is like 16 or 17 pages long.  When I go to the Biz Credit Forum that thread is bold, because there are new replies that I have not read.  If I click on the thread title it takes me to the first post on page 1, not the last post I read.  Are you saying it is not working correctly for me?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

it would be nice if there was a button that would take me directly to your reply.  

I click the link sent to my email address and it takes me directly to that post/reply.

That was just an example.  I post rarely, replies to my posts are less than 1% of what I read here.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... Are you saying it is not working correctly for me?

Yes. 

Message 8 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I understand.............the email links are for new posts and also replies to your posts.  The emails I receive will have a number beside the "Community Mailer" (3) in this case-  to show there were 3 new posts, drop down shows one as a reply and one shows as new post as well as the next one. 

I then click on the ( ... ) that has the timestamp I want to choose.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome. Smiley Happy

I am not just talking about topics I have participated in.  For instance, the current PPP thread in the Business Credit forum is like 16 or 17 pages long.  When I go to the Biz Credit Forum that thread is bold, because there are new replies that I have not read.  If I click on the thread title it takes me to the first post on page 1, not the last post I read.  Are you saying it is not working correctly for me?

There's a setting for "Jump to first unread post in a topic" but I checked and you already have it selected.  (You can find the setting here.)  When you click on a topic you should automatically be taken to the first unread post.  If you've already read all posts you'll be taken to the first post of the thread.

If this isn't working you might try a different browser, since it seems to be working for everyone else.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.