cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Privacy Issues!! I am Freaking OUT!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forum Privacy Issues!! I am Freaking OUT!!

I searched with "bunnyrabbit myFICO" and result was as shown in below.

When I clicked teh URL below it shows my really name and e-mail address.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   Smiley Sad

View Profile for bunnyrabbit - FICO Forums- Profile for bunnyrabbit. Go To.... -- boards --, Welcome to FICO® Forums, General Credit Issues, Credit Cards, Understanding FICO® Scoring, Mortgage, Auto, and other Installment Loans, Using myFICO® Products, Credit in the News ...
Message 11 of 22
Dawn
Established Contributor

bunnyrabbit wrote:
I searched with "bunnyrabbit myFICO" and result was as shown in below.

When I clicked teh URL below it shows my really name and e-mail address.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   Smiley Sad

View Profile for bunnyrabbit - FICO Forums- Profile for bunnyrabbit. Go To.... -- boards --, Welcome to FICO® Forums, General Credit Issues, Credit Cards, Understanding FICO® Scoring, Mortgage, Auto, and other Installment Loans, Using myFICO® Products, Credit in the News ...

Don't panic bunnyrabbit.  I don't think anyone else can see your name and email address. 
When I search for you, I do not see your name and email address.

If I do the Google search for myself from this instance of my browser (Internet Explorer) while I am signed into MyFico, I will see my real name and email address on my profile page.  But ... if I log out of MyFico and search for my profile again, my name and email address is not included on the profile page that displays from the Google search. 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

bobgr, I just searched your name at Google.com and I only saw as follows after I click

Statistics
    • Date Registered: 01-31-2008 05:38 PM
    • Total Posts: 55

I did not see your real name and e-mail address.

And I did mine and I saw my real name and e-mail address.

This is what I did.  I call the myFICO customer service and told the problem.  The rep told me they  will fix it.

Message 13 of 22
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Thanks Dawn.

I just return to Google.com and searched "bobgr" and "bunnyrabbit".  The ...

View Profile for bobgr - FICO Forums- Profile for bobgr. Go To....   and   
    View Profile for bunnyrabbit - FICO Forums- Profile for bunnyrabbit. Go To.... 
    are gone.   Thanks to myFICO online technician for quick respond.

Message Edited by bunnyrabbit on 03-08-2008 02:51 PM
    Message 14 of 22
    RUSTY101
    Regular Contributor

I think it is coming up for everyone. Mine is on google also. I am beginning to feel unsecured
    Message 15 of 22
    Dawn
    Established Contributor

Rusty101 ... I can't see your name and email address on your profile page found through Google. 

Have you tried clearing your temporary internet files and searching again without being signed in to FicoForums? 
    Message 16 of 22
    Raine
    Established Contributor

Don't worry Rusty, only you are able to see the personal information, and that's because you're logged in.
    Message 17 of 22
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

If you are using Vista  and are logged on and google in another window, it automatically logs you in and you can view your profile.  To test. the user needs to completely log off the forums, then google themselves.

Keep in mind even if you close your browser, if you don't log off, it keeps you logged in for a while.  Until it times out you will see everything.  Tried it both ways.

BTW opening a different window instead of the tab feature simply shows that I am online.  But if I tab, its like veiwng my profile while logged into the forums.

HTH
    Message 18 of 22
    SherriLynn
    Regular Contributor

Hello all!  This is my first post, and I want to make sure that my private info will not show!  So, this is a test.  Thanks.
    08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
    12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
    03/09 EQ650
    App-free since 01/29/09
    Message 19 of 22
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

wow, this is happening again, can the admins please look into it?

Thanks, I'm on XP

Message 20 of 22
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.