Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interner Explorer 8 (IE 8 Beta 2) Issues

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Interner Explorer 8 (IE 8 Beta 2) Issues

Anyone else using IE 8On most websites I don't have any problemsOn this website it always has problems when I have to relog in.

I keep several TABs open to view different threadsOf course when you go away from the computer for awhile you have to log back inThe TAB I log back into doesn't have any problemsWhen I try to refresh the other TABs I get an Authentication Failed error

This also happens if I do a right click on a topic and ask it to open in a new TABI am able to click on the compatibility view button and it will work, I just have to do that every time.

Anyone find an easier way?

Below is the error I get:

The link you clicked is requesting an operation that requires authentication, but the authentication failed.

There are five main reasons why this may happen:

1) The link you clicked on was not generated for you, but was intended only for someone else's use to perform an action on their account. If the other person pasted such a link into a message body or you were re-directed to such a link from another link you clicked on, the authentication will fail and you will arrive here instead.

2) The link was valid for you, but your authentication ticket has expired. If this is the case, hit the back button in your browser and refresh the page containing the link. You will then get a fresh ticket and when you click on the link again it will work.

3) Your browser session may have expired. If so, hit the back button in your browser, then refresh the page containing the link you clicked on. You will get a fresh ticket and if you click on the link again it will work.

4) Your browser may be set to not accept session cookies (or the cookie may have been deleted, or you may have been prompted and refused the cookie), in this case you should modify your browser settings to accept session cookies, and/or accept the session cookie if you are prompted, in order to use this site.

5) Your browser arrived at this location from someplace other than this site (an external link or site), or your browser or security software may be set to not send referrer information, in this case you should use the links on this site itself or verify that your browser or security software settings allow sending referrer information, in order to use this site.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interner Explorer 8 (IE 8 Beta 2) Issues

Hi nicemann, follow this link to alleviate the logout when you go away for awhile. Make sure you aren't in a thread though. If I have two or more tabs open in these forums, I can be within a thread and go away for a long time, just as long as I am not inside a thread on one other tab.

Never got this message, but if you want to open up a new tab in another board, just hold down Ctrl key while clicking on the other board and a new tab will open to view it.

I hope that's what you were talking about. If not, sorry, I am all out of ideas.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.