Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Out of Forum Only Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Locked Out of Forum Only Account

Hi,

I've been inactive for a long time and tried signing in under my old account (iDShaDoW) and it says I'm locked out.

I tried the forgot password option and it asks for my SSN and birth date which isn't in the system as that information isn't requested when signing up.

I found an old post by a forum admin saying to call the Customer Support Center.  They ask for my SSN which pulls up nothing even though I explained to them that it won't be in the system for above reason.  They then suggest that I create a new account because the inactive ones are purged after 12 months even though it says the old username is already taken.

I'd rather get my old one back if at all possible.

Any ideas of help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Locked Out of Forum Only Account

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I've been inactive for a long time and tried signing in under my old account (iDShaDoW) and it says I'm locked out.

I tried the forgot password option and it asks for my SSN and birth date which isn't in the system as that information isn't requested when signing up.

I found an old post by a forum admin saying to call the Customer Support Center.  They ask for my SSN which pulls up nothing even though I explained to them that it won't be in the system for above reason.  They then suggest that I create a new account because the inactive ones are purged after 12 months even though it says the old username is already taken.

I'd rather get my old one back if at all possible.

Any ideas of help is appreciated.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.  Unfortunately no one on the forums can help you as we do not have access to passwords.  I would try calling customer support again and see if you can get different/better help because old user names/accounts are not purged after a year of inactivity .  We have had plenty of people not log-in for years and then be able to access their forum accounts.  I located the idshadow account so it definitely exists.  Maybe try and see if they can locate the account from the e-mail address that you used to sign up.  It’s a Gmail account that I can provide you if you have forgotten it. Good luck and I hope that they can resolve the issue for you.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was able to reset the password and sign into the old account as soon as you indirectly confirmed for me that it was a gmail account.

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Please delete this account (iDShaDoW7) if/when you can or let me know where I need to post to request deletion.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was able to reset the password and sign into the old account as soon as you indirectly confirmed for me that it was a gmail account.

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Please delete this account (iDShaDoW7) if/when you can or let me know where I need to post to request deletion.

I'll take care of this account.  We can't actually delete it but have to ban it, so don't take it the wrong way :-)

Very happy to hear that you were able to access the older account.  Look forward to seeing you on the forums.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.